[PC-BSD Testing] Atheros driver vs Belkin USB wifi

Gary B. Corell wa5qjh at xmission.com
Wed Sep 17 20:59:22 PDT 2008

Hi Folks:
 Yesterday I reported that I was having trouble with pre-Release (
09142008 ) and the atheros driver. after much re-installing and
installing of Beta 1, I think I can confirm a problem with the atheros
driver. After a very SHORT period the computer freezes SOLID. requiring
a full power-cycle. The problem even occured when I booted to "Safe
mode" #3 in the bootmenu. Note: this card has wroked with all the Alpha
releases and is working now with a 6.3 install and a PCBSD 1.5.1
install. I have had a Belkin USB wifi plugged in all this time too but
not being used. right now with prelease 09142008 I am using that device
rum0.How bout that? an alcoholic computer. oh well! but it is working so
it doesnt seem to be a release problem just a driver problem.
Gary Corell