milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 23:36:57 PDT 2008

Hello Ian, list!

thanks for reply!

ad iwi:
I have got a "home" wireless network, which i don't encode - I  just set the
mac-based authentication at the AP (I live in conuntry - but now I'm getting
a bit woried ;). Thus the ifconfig output seems reasonable to me - I just
don't understand the *no carier* message. The AP provides both DNS and DHCP
services. I'll check my /etc/rc.conf file.

ad hostname:
it's just that till now every system I've ever installed wanted to know its
hostname during the installation - no problem setting it "manualy", though

ad synaptics:
perhaps you could post your *input device xorg.conf entry*, the tapping
seems to trigger the "right" mouse button for me...

I'm still woried about the graphics - any chance somebody here has got the
same chipset (i852/855) I have got?

thanks&regards,
milan