[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD7: network (iwi + installation) + xorg (intel + synaptics + kdm) trouble

milanisko k vetrisko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:38:31 PDT 2008

Hello list!

I send here a list of thigs not working for me:
-Synaptics (tapping) isnt't working (works with the synaptic driver in
linux)
-no option to change host name (network settings) while installing the
system
-no chance to change the kdm log-in screen (in the Advanced control panel
tab no "unlock" button to be able to change defaults)
-wireless not working: fconfig says:
*[milan at pcbsd /usr/home/milan]$ ifconfig iwi0
iwi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether: # -- removed from here
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect
       * status: no carrier*
        ssid oxyd channel 1 (2412 Mhz 11g)
        authmode OPEN privacy OFF bmiss 10 scanvalid 60 bgscan
        bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250 roam:rssi11g 7 roam:rate11g 5
        protmode CTS
*Though the ssid being there I still can't just use it (via the dhclient) -
works with linux (just typing: *dhclient eth1*)
-the intel graphics driver isn't working on my laptop and the vesa driver
doesn't support the *1400x1050* resolution: see the attachment

Good news section:
Even though not utilizing the intel driver, the "idle" CPU usage dropped
from the "alpha" 50% to a "stable" "x<10%" :)

thanks,
milan

*
*