[PC-BSD Testing] 7.0 Final: Is this a bug?

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Sep 15 13:57:48 PDT 2008

This is on a new, fresh install of 7.0 final.

I noticed this in beta2 & 1. Via Network Manager tray icon, open
System Network Configuration > Network Configuration (Advanced) >
Change Configuration. I manually enter DNS1 and DNS2 (i.e.,
10.1.9.217, 10.1.9.218), change gateway (i.e., 10.1.0.1), and click
Apply, and OK. If I try to open the Network Manager via double-click
or right-click > Start The Network Manager, nothing happens. If I
reboot, and then go back in via I noticed this in beta2 & 1. Via
Network Manager tray icon, open System Network Configuration >
Network Configuration (Advanced) > Change Configuration, I noticed
that the DNS2 entry I set for DNS2 (10.1.9.218) now resides in DNS1.
The DNS1 entry (10.1.9.217) has vanished into the ether. If I go in
and set the entries for DNS1 and DNS2 as I did before, it does stick.
Weird. Anyone able to confirm this behavior?

Arthur