[PC-BSD Testing] Shutdown Disconnect

Yvan Martin navyn5 at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 14 07:03:29 PDT 2008

Hello,

I just installed PC-BSD Beta (2?) and found that I still has a problem
when quitting the session. When I click on "Leave" from the menu and I
choose to either Shutdown or Restart my screen goes blank right away and
I am left with a white cursor on a black screen and no further action
follows.

To actually terminate my PC-BSD session, I must use Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
to force the X windows session to log me off and re-choose Shutdown or
Restart from the Session Menu.
This was not the case with the early Aplhas, but appeared in the last
one or two.

I run an AMDx2 3800+ on Asus A8N-E. I realize that ultimately the 64bit
version may be better suited when available, but I though it worth to
report.

Thank you.