[PC-BSD Testing] Vanishing partition during installation

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Sep 14 13:26:31 PDT 2008

Bill Leeper пишет:
> Is the space you are talking about free space? If so that problem has
> been around for awhile. The free space shows up when you boot up to
> install, but when you click on a drive and then come back it is
> gone.   :-)

This is not good behavior anyway.
Imageine, average user with two (or more) hard drives want to make a
step into world of PC-BSD. He boot to installer, then see all his HDDs.
He don't remeber to where he is going install, so he made a setup of
partition, then swucthes drive, to make sure it was crrect drive, feel
satisfaction, switch back... and there is nothing :(
It's first time he is dissapointed, and because of that he is have no
enthusiasm after that, he is proven that even install is little buggy,
what could be said about OS itself?

I think that installer should be as smart as can be, and all cases
should works well, even if they have no sense at all :)

I'll try to look into it anyway.