[PC-BSD Testing] Compiz Fusion

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Sep 12 17:15:56 PDT 2008

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone know what ever happened to compiz fusion, it was in PC-BSD 1.5.1
> now I can't find the menu icon to enable it.
>
> also is anyone having trouble with the themes manager?
>
> I can't seem to get the window decorations to change here on Beta 2
>
> Sam Fourman Jr.
>
> !DSPAM:1,48cb006919869684139637!

I'm not including compiz fusion by default in 7, since its kinda
redundant :P If you open System Settings -> Desktop -> Enable Desktop
Effects you get most of the same accelerated effects that you would in
Compiz, and its much more stable as well. I've been running the KDE4
compositing effects for 3 days straight now, no crashes or problems at
all on my dual-head geforce 8600 :)

http://www.pcbsd.com