[PC-BSD Testing] wireless for 1.5.1

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Thu Sep 11 19:03:36 PDT 2008

I know that 7 is close to come out, but today I was installing a wireless card on 1.5.1 fresh installation.

the SSID is "QSC-wireless", and using the GUI I was not able to see it, but running ifconfing I was able to see it w/o issues

I wrote manually the SSID into the tool.  now, our wireless has WEP protection, the password is something like "abcd1".  On windows/Max/iPhone I just enter the password, on PC-BSD I had to enter the key (something like 7778899669) instead then the password to make it work.

I am not sure if this is fixed on PC--BSD 7, if you are not sure, I will try to get a machine to test it.  if it is fixed on PC-BSD 7, is there any hopes to see an update for 1.5.1 for it  or once that 7 is out 1.5.1 will be dropped?

Fabry