[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD-7 final with xorg-server-1.5?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Sep 10 11:41:53 PDT 2008

Edward O'Callaghan wrote:
> +1.
> Many framework changes for 1.5. It should build fine.. We are working
> on getting into opensolaris over here. So I would think FreeBSD should
> be able to get it in sharpish..
> I don't think it should be considered a blocker though. Maybe the next
> update can address these things Kris else you would be introducing too
> many changes to late into the game.
>
> Regards,
> Edward O'Callaghan.

Yea, we're going to hold off on xorg-server 1.5 for the moment. The
FreeBSD ports tree is frozen right now, and it may be a few weeks before
the unfreeze. Then it will probably be an update to X11R7.4 which adds
the xorg-server 1.5. Once it hits ports though, we'll roll an online
update, and update the ISO's as well for users who want to grab the
latest version.

http://www.pcbsd.com