[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD-7 final with xorg-server-1.5?

Edward O'Callaghan victoredwardocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 06:18:01 PDT 2008

+1.
Many framework changes for 1.5. It should build fine.. We are working
on getting into opensolaris over here. So I would think FreeBSD should
be able to get it in sharpish..
I don't think it should be considered a blocker though. Maybe the next
update can address these things Kris else you would be introducing too
many changes to late into the game.

Regards,
Edward O'Callaghan.

2008/9/9 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com>:
> Oliver Rath wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen, that the beta2-release has the "old" xorg-server-1.4.2,
>> which would be a problem on ati-cards with the new OpenSource-3D-driver,
>> esp. with 64 bit. I know, the freeze time is over, but I would be very,
>> very, very glad to see the new server in the final release, esp. for the
>> 64bit-version! :-)
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Tfh,
>>
>> Oliver
>
> The best I can offer is *maybe* at this point. So far xorg-server 1.5 is
> not in the freebsd ports tree either, so I'm still waiting for it to be
> offered there before I can build with it and test it out. Maybe we
> should send some requests over to x11 at FreeBSD.org to see what their
> timetable is to add it?
>

> --
>
> Kris Moore
> PC-BSD Software
> http://www.pcbsd.com

All Documents adhered to the ISO/IEC 26300 standard file format for
electronic office documents, such as spreadsheets, charts,
presentations and word processing documents from this email address.
The author does not take responsibility of the recipients inability to
read international standards and who use proprietary products such as
MS Office.
See: http://www.openoffice.org/
Edward O'Callaghan.
--