[PC-BSD Testing] More on: Beta 1 balky using 8GB Thumb, contention issue?

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Tue Sep 9 07:16:13 PDT 2008

That is the same one I have. And installing leaves only about 1.4 GB
of free space on it.  I want to try on a high speed 16 GB flash drive,
but am waiting for a sale to come up on them. It should be
interesting. If I can get the speed up to par it will make a good
travel boot device.

On Sep 9, 2008, at 6:21 AM, Peter Brewster wrote:

> Bill Leeper is probably correct.  The Ozc Rally 2 drive ($23 for 8
> GB) is very fast, per Ocz 32 MB/s read and half that for write.  I
> was taken by SanDisk's claim that Cruzer Micro ($30 for 9 GB) is
> "ReadyBoost" enhanced.  My bad!  Now I see SanDisk leaves the R/W
> rates blank in their product comparison chart http://u3.sandisk.com/CompareU3_drives.html
>   .

Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\