[PC-BSD Testing] suggestions

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Mon Sep 8 21:20:31 PDT 2008

playing around, still using VMWare:
 - firefox 3 (installed by the installation), crashed when I visit some sites that uses jquery and JavaScript, I can give you the sites that I play with if you want to know
 - firefox 3 (from pbi, win version) has problems with the font rendering, and still crashes (maybe this is a pbi issue? or a global FF3 problem?)
 - cannot connect to my samba drivers, I was able to do so with 1.5.1.
 - cannot save the changes that I make to the desktop: resolution, effects ON/Off.  each time that I restart I lose the resolution (but if I go into the resolution changing tool, it autoresize even before I make any changes).  the effects, ON or Off doesn't change anything, they just don't start.
 - pbi icons downlaoded from pbdir display with an icon with a ? in it

I am going to reinstall the whole OS , just in case something went wrong with the first installation

Fabry