[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD-7 final with xorg-server-1.5?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Sep 8 10:53:44 PDT 2008

Oliver Rath wrote:
> Hi,
> I have seen, that the beta2-release has the "old" xorg-server-1.4.2,
> which would be a problem on ati-cards with the new OpenSource-3D-driver,
> esp. with 64 bit. I know, the freeze time is over, but I would be very,
> very, very glad to see the new server in the final release, esp. for the
> 64bit-version! :-)
> Is this possible?
> Tfh,
> Oliver

The best I can offer is *maybe* at this point. So far xorg-server 1.5 is
not in the freebsd ports tree either, so I'm still waiting for it to be
offered there before I can build with it and test it out. Maybe we
should send some requests over to x11 at FreeBSD.org to see what their
timetable is to add it?