[PC-BSD Testing] DRM with ati doesnt work: R500 support

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Sep 8 06:26:42 PDT 2008

>>  From what I can tell, R500 support was added in the recent xorg 1.5.
>>
>Here I have xorg-1.4.2. Maybe this ist the problem?
>
>Oliver

Oliver,

I cannot speak for Kris as to whether he will add xorg 1.5 since I
think he mentioned there was a code freeze since last week.
It would be cool to test it but maybe you have to beg Kris pretty
please with sugar on top. ;-)

I just saw a news bulletin on phoronix that says xorg 7.4 is due for
release on Sept. 10th. Perhaps it comes too late in this case
but maybe there will be some kind of system update or installed that
will come in the future that would allow an easy update to 1.5.

Arthur