[PC-BSD Testing] Beta 2 Test

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sun Sep 7 09:47:40 PDT 2008

Kris Moore пишет:
> Everybody,
>
> If you would like to try out a more recent copy of the beta,
> unofficially "beta2", you can grab it from here now:
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/i386/
>
> Its just the DVD right now, don't want to spend a lot of bandwidth
> uploading an entire set at the moment. Here's some of the changes though:
>
> KDE 4.1.1 (Much faster!)
> New GTK 2 theme, helps FF and Thunderbird look like KDE now
> NVIDIA driver 177.70 beta (improved performance for KDE4)
> Updated translations as of friday morning.
> Many bug fixes, such as wifi SSID with space, password with special
> characters, etc.
> FreeBSD 7.1-Prerelease
>
> If anybody runs across anymore serious bugs, please let me know! We are
> getting pretty close to release now, and I'll be spending this next week
> quashing any final bugs reported before prepping for final.
>
> Thanks!

Running this beta now at my AsusEEE 900 installed from slightly modified
 ISO written to FAT-USB-Flash;

Thanks for 1024x600 Resolution! :)

All seems work well; Ethernet Driver if_ae from Stanislav Sedov
(stas at freebsd.org) works well as earlier; (Not applied his latest patch yet)

Wifi did not tested (have no access point), but it required patch too;

Oh, I've forgot - pcbsd installed to external WD passport :)

Yet have no problem.
PCBSD rocks :)