[PC-BSD Testing] [SPAM] installer

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Sun Sep 7 06:17:57 PDT 2008

I am installing right now the beta2 on VMware (1G ram, 8G hdd).
everything is going smooth.

love the new installer interface.

I have a suggestion. when choosing which kind of installation (upgrade/server/etc..) would be nice if when I click on the installation option, or even better when I pass the mouse on top of it, it explain to me what would be different if I choose that option instead then the other.  could be a tooltip or simply update the bottom of the installation.

today I am going to test it to see if my over 30 installations will be able to support it (the people in my company that use PC-BSD are very computer illiterate and they just got used to 1.5.1)

note about 1.5.1 (will test this on 7) I see that I can choose if I want to install K3B or not, but is there a way that I can remove any music player ?  when logging in some sites using FF2 it opens the media player (www.mailtrust.com - after the login)

I will send a list of suggestions once that I finish my test today.

Thank you very much

Fabry