[PC-BSD Testing] Beta 2 Test

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Sep 6 17:13:34 PDT 2008

Mark Daniel wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:04:54 -0400 Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> wrote:
>> Everybody,
>>
>> If you would like to try out a more recent copy of the beta,
>> unofficially "beta2", you can grab it from here now:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/i386/
>>
>> Its just the DVD right now, don't want to spend a lot of bandwidth
>> uploading an entire set at the moment. Here's some of the changes though:
>>
>> KDE 4.1.1 (Much faster!)
>> New GTK 2 theme, helps FF and Thunderbird look like KDE now
>> NVIDIA driver 177.70 beta (improved performance for KDE4)
>> Updated translations as of friday morning.
>> Many bug fixes, such as wifi SSID with space, password with special
>> characters, etc.
>> FreeBSD 7.1-Prerelease
>
> If FreeBSD 7.1 is it reasonable this remain PC-BSD 7.0?
>
> Seems a bit of a leap (but then I'm only the newbie here).

I was wondering how soon somebody would point that out. Technically its
built on FreeBSD 7-Stable, but right now 7-Stable identifies itself as
7.1Prerelease, so we're trying to figure out about the versioning. We
may stick with "7" then, after FreeBSD 7.1 is released, and we work on
the next cut of PC-BSD, we'll base it on 7.1-Stable, and rename it to
PC-BSD 7.1 as well.

http://www.pcbsd.com