[PC-BSD Testing] Beta 2 Test

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Sat Sep 6 17:04:54 PDT 2008

Everybody,

If you would like to try out a more recent copy of the beta,
unofficially "beta2", you can grab it from here now:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/i386/

Its just the DVD right now, don't want to spend a lot of bandwidth
uploading an entire set at the moment. Here's some of the changes though:

KDE 4.1.1 (Much faster!)
New GTK 2 theme, helps FF and Thunderbird look like KDE now
NVIDIA driver 177.70 beta (improved performance for KDE4)
Updated translations as of friday morning.
Many bug fixes, such as wifi SSID with space, password with special
characters, etc.
FreeBSD 7.1-Prerelease

If anybody runs across anymore serious bugs, please let me know! We are
getting pretty close to release now, and I'll be spending this next week
quashing any final bugs reported before prepping for final.

Thanks!

http://www.pcbsd.com