[PC-BSD Testing] Flash Player and some KDE apps

flat.rose flat.rose at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:51:44 PDT 2008

Hey there, geeks and just geniuses!
I'm using firefox3 on pc-bsd atm, and trying to make flash-plugin working on
my machine. Read MBs of advices (like install linux-firefox and use
linux-flash, or use nspluginwrapper etc...). What I heard lately was a good
news from Adobe. They've promised to release fp9 under FreeBSD (= PC-BSD too
ofc woohoo) and fp10 beta too. When's that gonna be available? How to watch
videos online until that?

Second thing is that I saw alot of PBIs o' applications like KTorrent and
they worked good enough but the problem is that PC-BSD 7.0 is using KDE4 and
those ports are for KDE3. That's neither comfortable nor lookin' good or my
red eyes. ^^

Third Question is about Suspending the system. I have an old but lovely Acer
TravelMate 2310 (2313WLMI) and the only way I can set my mate asleep is to
press Fn+F4 (Zzz-button). It works but after that I have to reboot my book
'cuz I can't see the damn thing on my screen - everythin' is squizzin'
jumpin' bouncin' so u've got it. I've been using gnu/linux on this laptop
before so it were a really good boy and it slept well.

Cheers.