[PC-BSD Testing] World of Warcraft Beta 1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Sep 5 12:08:07 PDT 2008

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Sam Fourman Jr. <sfourman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hello list,
>>
>> I have played World of warcraft on every PC-BSD alpha release to date.
>>
>> this time WoW refuses to start on PC-BSD beta 1, spitting back a
>> GlxbadDrawable error
>> the system is running on a notebook nvidia go 7600 the nvidia drivers
>> are installed
>>
>> I used the 3 Cd's from the mirror to install,(I run a cron job(every
>> hour) to email me if the mirrors change)
>

> just to update this post, World of Warcraft works just fine if you use DirectX
> but if you use OpenGL it still gives the  GlxbadDrawable error
>
> however glxgears still works. so go figure.
>

> Sam Fourman Jr.
>
> !DSPAM:1,48c1814419861998962206!

Sam,

This is a bug in the nvidia driver I believe, I've updated to 177.70
which supposedly fixes the GLXBadDrawable errors again. I'm getting
ready to re-roll and upload a private "beta2" for the testing list this
weekend, if you can test / confirm the bug is fixed on it, that would be
great.

http://www.pcbsd.com