[PC-BSD Testing] beta1 - printing

brian peispud at eastlink.ca
Thu Sep 4 12:04:34 PDT 2008

If I'm not mistaken, you don't really need hpijs because the hplip port
includes all the same drivers right? However I did notice that I was
missing foomatic-db-hpijs from the system, maybe that is what we need
for the drivers to show up?

If anybody has a HP print / scan and can confirm a fix to make it work,
please let me know. I have no way of testing it here.

Tried the foomatic port , no dice . My printer is listed at http://hplip.sourceforge.net/models/deskjet_aio/deskjet_f2100_series.html . I'm guessing we are between useful version of hplip . I had to drowngrade my HP drivers in Mandriva last year to fix the same problem - I don't suppose that's possible with the ports system ?