[PC-BSD Testing] beta1 :-)

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Sep 4 06:42:51 PDT 2008

brian wrote:
> # Enables support for HPLIP
> hpiod_enable="NO"
> hpssd_enable="NO"
>
> Sorry dude , that just removes the option to install a USB printer . I came across the same issue before in PC-BSD and DBSD  . The proper driver is simply not installed and the needed package returns an error . pkg_add -r hpijs returns a CUPS version error . I really don't see why HP printers can't be auto detected anyways - Ubuntu and others been doing this for a while now .

> !DSPAM:1,48baec3419861661430891!

If I'm not mistaken, you don't really need hpijs because the hplip port
includes all the same drivers right? However I did notice that I was
missing foomatic-db-hpijs from the system, maybe that is what we need
for the drivers to show up?

If anybody has a HP print / scan and can confirm a fix to make it work,
please let me know. I have no way of testing it here.

http://www.pcbsd.com