[PC-BSD Testing] USB Mouse and Flash Player not working properly

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 2 11:25:07 PDT 2008

Casey wrote:
> When I install Beta 1,  the USB Mouse Logitech MX 510 does not get
> detected,  and I have to change it over to another port which then
> works.  And after Beta 1 has been installed,  the mouse does not get
> detected again and have to change it to another port for it to work again.
>
> The Flash Player installed on PC-BSD does not work properly on youtube
> with the video playing with sound but no picture.
>
> The Motherboard is a AM2 Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H,  I have attached the
> diagnostic sheet,

Casey,

You're not alone here, I have a brand new AM2 Gigabyte GA-MA779-S3 which
has the same weird USB issue. As soon as you unplug it, and re-plug, it
works fine, but if the USB mouse is plugged in during the boot it fails.
I'll have to see if we can get a fix in FreeBSD for this.

As for flash we are all in the same boat right now. PC-BSD 7 is using
swfdec, which does work with youtube here in FireFox, but its far from
perfect. Adobe supposedly has a flash 10 binary for FreeBSD now, but I
haven't gotten my hands on it yet :P

http://www.pcbsd.com