[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 7 Beta 1 , Very Sluggish

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 2 11:10:07 PDT 2008

KC1DI wrote:
> PC-BSD 7 Beta 1 installed well,  but it is very sluggish and mouse is
> very jumpy.. I've used SuSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1 on this same machine and
> it works fine.  so Something not Right with BSD's setup of KDE yet.
> will keep testing see if I can norrow it down a bit further.

I've seen this at times as well. I'm not sure if its related to qdbus or
something in the backend which is making KDE run into seemingly random
slowdowns.

You may want to report this here as well though:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/

They may already be aware of it, but maybe they can help us figure out
whats going on.

http://www.pcbsd.com