[PC-BSD Testing] Login Problems

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 2 10:11:35 PDT 2008

Tom Dailey wrote:
> I'm having trouble with the login - I've done 3 or 4 logins, and each time
> it seems to take 3 attempts before I succeed with the password.  I'll admit
> that I'm a terrible typist but I don't think I'm that inconsistent. The
> password is 4 alpha and 3 numeric .
>
> Also, I'm getting errors on qdevelop & some other qt4 ports.  I'm
> experimenting with the ports, I'll report back with the details..

If it does let you in eventually, at least we know the password *is*
working. However, you may want to try typing around in a konsole session
for a bit. I have a wireless keyboard here which doesn't work right with
FreeBSD, it tries to insert ^@ characters at random times, and messes up
my typing as well :)

As for qdevelop, let me know what errors you run into!

http://www.pcbsd.com