[PC-BSD Testing] kernel source

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Sep 2 08:46:42 PDT 2008

Clapper Zhu wrote:
> I installed PC-BSD beta. I did select "kernel source" during the
> installation,
> but, I don't see  anything in /use/src.
>
> I managed to get the latest kernel source (dated 8/28) and compiled, but it
> won't boot.
>
> Please someone show me where to get the kernel source which will boot with
> this PC-BSD beta.

> !DSPAM:1,48b8ad1619868154318659!

Try this:

kmenu -> system settings -> Add / Remove Software -> System Components
-> Source Code -> Install

Then choose "internet" for the source location, and it should pull it down.

BTW, which type of media did you use to initially install with? I'll
need to find out why your source didn't get installed in the first place.

http://www.pcbsd.com