[PC-BSD Testing] Peculiar shutdown of 7.0.1 ia64

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Sat Oct 25 06:44:45 PDT 2008

same problem here, but it was not happening with 7.0

I tried to play a bit as for some reason I was thinking that the reason is
the video driver..

I changed the drivers to VESA, and TA-DA... PC-BSD shuts down properly.

I usually use the Intel or Intel-3d-enable drivers with desktop effect
enabled and an opengl screen saver (if that may help)

Fabry