[PC-BSD Testing] Online-System-Update problems

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Oct 24 11:15:00 PDT 2008

Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> I am testing the online system update on my laptop with a wireless connection.
>
> I am playint to stop the wireless while s downloading to see the errors that I may get.
>
> when I stop it, I receive an error that the ftp is not reachable .. all looks well, except that system updates quits after that message
>
> I tried different scenarios, but each time that there is an error while downloading, OSU quits.
>
> when it starts again, it asks me if I want to override a file that I already have or if I want to resume the download... I would say that it should not ask that, but just go ahead and override it.. just for secutiry reasons
>
> Fabry
>
> !DSPAM:1,4901bb9f64186423812383!

This next week I will be working on a lot of updates for the System
Updater, so you can install updates with a different TMPDIR, use proxy
settings, among other things :)

As for users who've been unable to patch to 7.0.1 via the online update
tool, I've got a PBI version of the patch uploading now, and I will have
it listed on the website / pbidir sometime later this evening for you to
patch a system offline.

http://www.pcbsd.com