[PC-BSD Testing] Asus A3A Laptop: Error Mounting Install Image!!!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Oct 24 07:28:30 PDT 2008

Brodey Dover wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> I get that system message almost daily actually. It is a system message
> from FreeBSD either because of a CD is in the drive and is corrupt/no
> filesystem or because there isn't a cd in the drive.
>
> Try burning a DVD from another machine and make sure that you are
> selecting that the Optical drive is setup to boot first.
>
> Regards,
> Brodey
>
> Paul Gikas wrote:
>> http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=24&l3=131&model=759&modelmenu=1
>>
>> When trying to install the Fibonacci DVD, I had recieved the following:
>>
>> acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRING ILLEGAL REQUEST ASC=0x24 ASCQ=0x00
>> acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRING ILLEGAL REQUEST ASC=0x24 ASCQ=0x00
>>
>> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0
>>
>> Error Mounting Install Image!!!
>>
>> then I was prompted to report this to PC-BSD support and to hit enter to
>> reboot.
>>
>> Good news is, the install via USB flash works just fine!
>>
>> -Paul

Paul,

Interesting, after you did the install with USB, could you test trying
to mount the 7 DVD in KDE4? This error only shows up when the system is
unable to mount the install DVD during the bootup. This can occur if
there is no /dev/*cd* devices available (I.E. FreeBSD 7.x doesn't
support that particular drive) or if the disc is damaged in some way.

http://www.pcbsd.com