[PC-BSD Testing] 7.01 Stuff

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Oct 22 10:59:12 PDT 2008

>Probably not at the moment. It really should be simple, it removes the
>old PBI version, and just installs the new one. In your case, when the
>upgrade was done, you did check /Programs, and no OpenOffice directory
>was there right?

Yes, no Open Office directory after the update. I saw the post made by Drache
and decided to wipe the disk and re-install from scratch, run OO 2.4.1 once
before running the OO 3.0.0 update, and it still wiped out 2.4.1 and did not
put in 3.0.0.

>Since I wasn't able to duplicate it here on my main desktop, and its not
>happening 100% of the time, I'm thinking its more of a timing issue.
>I.E, the OO 2.x PBI isn't being fully removed before the 3.x version
>tries to get installed, and the installer of 3.x fails. I'll check into
>this momentarily.

Ok. I did manually install the OO 3.0.0 PBI from pbidir.com and it
did install fine.

thanks Kris,
Arthur