[PC-BSD Testing] 7.01 Stuff

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Oct 22 08:48:10 PDT 2008

Arthur Koziol wrote:
>> Several folks have reported this with the update to OO 3.0. I'm looking
>> into it now, to find out why the PBIs aren't getting installed properly.
>
> Kris,
>
> Are there any logs we can send you to help you track this thing down?
>
> Arthur

Probably not at the moment. It really should be simple, it removes the
old PBI version, and just installs the new one. In your case, when the
upgrade was done, you did check /Programs, and no OpenOffice directory
was there right?

Since I wasn't able to duplicate it here on my main desktop, and its not
happening 100% of the time, I'm thinking its more of a timing issue.
I.E, the OO 2.x PBI isn't being fully removed before the 3.x version
tries to get installed, and the installer of 3.x fails. I'll check into
this momentarily.

http://www.pcbsd.com