[PC-BSD Testing] 7.01 Stuff

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:26:29 PDT 2008

Installed fine.

Trashed my .cshrc though. I keep a backup so no problem

I can't live with the new konsole prompt. The hash mark means you are root.
Having it there all the time just doesn't work for me.
I use:" set prompt = "%m:%B[%/]%b %# " and that allows the # to show only
when you su to root or login as root to a shell.

Flash in FF3 crashes...twice now...first time I don't know why, second time
with a right click on the player on youtube. Restarting FF makes it go
again. When it works, it works fine though. nba.com has always been my test
for flash.

Using the Desktop Effects still causes 3d games (cube) to stutter along but
that's more than likely something KDE & nVidia need to reconcile.

Installed the system update first, then the two PBIs. They are MIA. No
results in the Menu Updating Tool nor do they exist in the Programs folder
or the Software Add/Remove. This is the result of a find for opera

 92117        3 drwxr-xr-x    2 root             wheel                   3
Sep  7 08:35 /usr/local/lib/npapi/symlinks/opera
459803        3 drwxr-xr-x    3 root             wheel                   7
Oct 16 05:46 /usr/ports/www/opera
193632        1 lrwxr-xr-x    1 root             wheel                  31
Sep 16 12:19 /usr/Programs/bin/opera -> /Programs/Opera9.52/.sbin/opera

System Settings (Administrator) the text under _some_ of the icons disappear
when hovering...errr...they did...but I just checked again and now they
don't!?