[PC-BSD Testing] FW: PC-BSD amd64 / radeon

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Thu Oct 16 07:08:22 PDT 2008

Christian Michels wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> any news concerning this issue? Did I post too less info (or too much)? What can I do to lighten up the problem?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Christian

Can you hit the vesa mode option during the bootup and does that work?
I've heard of some bugs with the ati cards / drivers, where when you
close X, it doesn't allow a new X session to start. Something isn't
closing correctly. Also, we will have a 7.0.1 update out very shortly,
and I've added the radeonhd driver to the list of drivers you can
select, which may work better with your particular card.

http://www.pcbsd.com