[PC-BSD Testing] Update PC-BSD

mac marshc187 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:44:05 PDT 2008

On 16 Oct 2008, at 10:56, A.Yerenkow wrote:

> Eugeniy Khvastunov пишет:
>> Hello!
>>
>> How I can update PC-BSD 1.5.1 (6.3-RELEASE-p1 i386) to PC-BSD 7?
>
> backup all valuable data and install fresh 7

like A Yerenkow said, that is your only real option. there was a guide
on pcbsd forums somewhere
by terryP to manually upgrade, but it is a bit complicated and takes
much more time. i couldn't do it myself, but if
you are good at this computer stuff, don't want to start fresh, and
like to learn, give it a go. i don't know terryP,
but seems he knows his  bsd and knows what he is doing.
roughly you need to upgrade 6.3 to freebsd 7, delete all 6.3 packages,
install 7 packages, and turn freebsd
into pcbsd from svn.
otherwise, like the man said , backup and install fresh.