[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD amd64 test ISO!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Oct 10 06:31:09 PDT 2008

Casey wrote:

>>> dual-booting Windows with PC-BSD is not detecting
>>>
>>> I install Windows first,  then install PC-BSD with USF2 + Softupdates
>>>
>>> did not select use entire disk and ticked bootloader
>>>
>>> and changed the size of the / partition
>>>
>>> bootloader is only saying F1 FreeBSD and no Windows
>>>
>>> dual-booting with 1 Hard Drive
>>>

>>> the partitions are there in /dev
>>>
>>> ad0s1
>>> ads01a
>>> ad0s1b
>>> ads01c
>>>
>>> ads01a is /
>>> ads01b is Swap
>>> abs01c is the 8MB unpartitioned space that Windows creates
>>>
>>> GAG from the cdrom.iso does not detect Windows is there either
>>>

>>> The Motherboard is a AM2 Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H
>>>
>>> and have got the latest BIOS
>>>

>>> - Casey
>>>

>> I had a look at DesktopBSD to see if DesktopBSD does detect the USB
>> Mouse and if it does detect Windows -- the USB Mouse did not detect
>> either,  and it did detect Windows and had Windows there to dual-boot into.
>>

> Kris,  you had the same problem with the mouse not detecting for you
> aswell where you have to change it to another port for it to work.
>
> With the new freebsd-source update,  does the mouse work for you now? --
> if you have the update on.
>
> Thanks Kris
>

> - Casey

So far it doesn't appear to be fixed on the system here, I've opened a
FreeBSD PR about the issue:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/127926

Please take a look at it and make sure the description fits your
problems as well, you may want to add your 2cents to it, with your
details if its the same issues.

http://www.pcbsd.com