[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD amd64 test ISO!

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Tue Oct 7 08:14:42 PDT 2008

Kris Moore пишет:
> Casey wrote:
>> Kris Moore wrote:
>>> Hey all!
>>>
>>> The long awaited PC-BSD 7.x amd64 DVD ISO is now available for testing!
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/amd64/
>>>
>>> This is a test release only, so please report bugs back to us via the
>>> mailing list. The current plan is to release an update to PC-BSD 7.0.1
>>> in the next few weeks which will include many bugfixes, and KDE 4.1.2.
>>> This amd64 release is still based on KDE 4.1.1 (4.1.2 just came out
>>> today). The other new / cool thing this ISO has is working
>>> linux-flashplugin9 support which will be in 7.0.1 as well.
>>>
>>> We've already started approving / uploading a large number of amd64 PBIs
>>> for PC-BSD7 on pbidir.com, so you may download any from there and run
>>> them as well. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you can also
>>> grab some of the untested PBI's from our build server and try them as well:
>>>
>>> http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org/index.php?sort=date&ver=7
>>>

>>> Here's some of the changelog of whats been fixed since 7.0 and will be
>>> in 7.0.1 when its released:
>>>
>>>   * Update Nvidia driver to 177.78 (beta) -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2831
>>>   * Fixed various bugs causing crashes with System Updater -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2780, http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2790
>>>   * Fixed bugs with partitions becoming mis-aligned due to incorrect
>>> sizing - http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2809,
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2810
>>>   * Added support for NTFS writing directly in KDE4 -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2811
>>>   * Fixed sound detection for ALI M5451 PCI Audio Device -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2821
>>>   * Fixed out of memory errors when installing on 256MB of RAM -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2825,
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2827, http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2828
>>>   * Added new KMenu->System->Display Setup Wizard icon to re-run the X
>>> Setup tool - http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2832
>>>   * Added support for linux-flashplugin9 to the default install for i386
>>> and amd64 - http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2850,
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2851
>>>   * Fixed an error about setting up Xorg for QEMU on install -
>>> http://trac.pcbsd.org/changeset/2848
>>>

>>> Happy testing, and looking forward to feedback!
>>>

>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> What is happening for the USB Mouse and Windows not being detected
>> coming up in 7.0.1?
>>
>> I am not able to use PC-BSD at all,  basically you need a second
>> computer to have PC-BSD on and the other for Windows.
>>

> I'm going to update the freebsd-source to the latest version for 7.0.1,
> and hopefully it'll fix your mouse detection problems. If it doesn't,
> we'll need to be sure to file a PR here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html
>

> As for windows being detected, what exactly is happening here? Does
> PC-BSD install, but then you can't see your NTFS partition? This may be
> a HAL issue. If you can send me some more info on this, I can get it to
> [...]

This isn't a hal issue, he is writing to list from beta 1:

^^^^^^

I am not able to dual-boot Windows with Beta 1.

installed Windows first (Windows 2000) and then Beta 1,  changed the
size of the / partition,  USF2 + Soft Updates,  did not select use
entire disk and ticked boot loader -- dual-booting with 1 Hard Drive.

boot loader has only F1 FreeBSD and no Windows.

^^^^^^

that's the case.