[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD amd64 test ISO!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Oct 7 07:16:37 PDT 2008

Walt Pawley wrote:
> On 10/3/08 10:34 PM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:
>
>> Hey all!
>>
>> The long awaited PC-BSD 7.x amd64 DVD ISO is now available for testing!
>>
>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/amd64/
>
> I installed it last night. Seemed completely nominal. In fact,
> it does something I found annoying about earlier releases ;-).
> That is that if you don't happen to be sitting in front of the
> monitor when the install finishes, you return to a grey screen
> with no clue as to what is going on. This happens before the
> DVD is ejected. Fortunately, the puzzlement about it abates
> quickly if the keyboard is used but it'd be easy to think that
> the whole thing went wrong and hit the reset button ahead of
> time.
>
> The only "failing" I've noticed so far is that I selected to
> install a number of applications. If it installed them, I have
> yet to find where.

Only a few of the PBIs are included on the DVD at the moment, most of
them were still awaiting a build when I uploaded the DVD :) (It takes
almost 2 weeks to create them all from scratch)

However, you can grab a lot of amd64 PBIs from www.pbidir.com now, or if
you want to grab some untested ones, you can do so here:

http://pbibuild64.pcbsd.org/index.php?sort=date&ver=7

http://www.pcbsd.com