[PC-BSD Testing] 64bit 10-3-08 Release

DragonFlier dracheflieger at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 19:49:23 PDT 2008

Installed fine on EVGA mb with Opeteron x2 165 and 2gb RAM

I selected everything available. It shows only the k3b was installed in the
Add/Remove Software in the PBI section and indeed (as Tel'c would say), a
'find' on the drive revealed what looking in Dolphin confirmed. No Firefox
other than in ports.

I opened ftp.pcbsd.org, went to the outgoing for 64bit 7, found FF3 and
opted to open with the pbilauncher. It downloaded and failed to open with
the launcher. I downloaded the FF3 PBI and saved it to my home directory. It
open and installed fine. After installing a few addons, FF froze and
remained on the screen. CTRL-ALT-F1 into a shell showed no FF running in
either a ps aux or in top. I choose to reboot from the shell as the GUI had
become unresponsive.

Upon restart I was greeted with a message that I had a PBI update. I did but
it was telling me FF2 (2.0.0.17), not FF3

I am writing this from that install of FF 3.03 now...somewhat flakey as it
keeps locking up for sections of time in gmail.

I tried to go to nvidia's site but that really crashed FF (it's built on
flash if I recall) to see if there was a driver for 64bit yet (there isn't
according to the ports nvidia-driver error message). I'm going to try the nv
driver but want to get this email off first in case it borks.

Onward and upward.