[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD amd64 test ISO!

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Sat Oct 4 11:47:56 PDT 2008

On 10/3/08 10:34 PM -0400, Kris Moore wrote:

>Hey all!
>
>The long awaited PC-BSD 7.x amd64 DVD ISO is now available for testing!
>
>ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/beta-isos/amd64/

I installed it last night. Seemed completely nominal. In fact,
it does something I found annoying about earlier releases ;-).
That is that if you don't happen to be sitting in front of the
monitor when the install finishes, you return to a grey screen
with no clue as to what is going on. This happens before the
DVD is ejected. Fortunately, the puzzlement about it abates
quickly if the keyboard is used but it'd be easy to think that
the whole thing went wrong and hit the reset button ahead of
time.

The only "failing" I've noticed so far is that I selected to
install a number of applications. If it installed them, I have
yet to find where.
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company