[PC-BSD Testing] printing solved , wine problem

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:42:03 PST 2008

>  Also , I keep getting an "Invalid address" error when trying to launch
> Steam . This has just cropped up in the last month or so and I'm not sure
> what's going on there . Does anyone else have a working Steam install ?

What version of wine are you running? type wine --version at a console

also I have had the invalid address problem, with several windows programs
on wine 1.18 & 1.19 so I installed 1.17 and it works fine again.

as far as I know PC-BSD has not upgraded the wine PBI past 1.17

I know from reading the FreeBSD mailing lists that a Fix has been found
the "invalid address" problem appears to be FreeBSD specific.

if you happen to use the ports system instead of PBI's like I do.

just portsnap fetch update your ports tree, then go to /usr/ports/emulators/wine
change the version 1.19 to 1.17 in the Makefile, then
make deinstall clean && make makesum && make install clean

your wine programs will magically work again.

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks