[PC-BSD Testing] Memory resource.

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Nov 25 14:29:56 PST 2008

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> On 24.11.2008 23:50, Drahomir Phoenix wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I tried all, 9 options but unsuccessfull. I don't know what to do.
>> Installation always finished with message "Could not allocate memory
>> resource". Do I have got a problem with laptop?
>> Drahomir.
>>

> Are you able to disable wireless, in bios, or with some button?
> And while you are booting (from cd/dvd I'm assuming) - did you notice
> similar choices menu? Could you here choose acpi disable?
> And probably you didn't have problems with laptop, it's all lazy
> manufacturers, who cares only for MS-compatible drivers/devices :(
>

> Kris, if he is able to boot from cd and enter setup, then why he
> couldn't boot from hdd? I mean, in cd there are the same kernel, which
> installs on hdd...
>
> Other peoples, ideas? :)

I'm at a loss as well. The kernel on the CD is the exact same kernel
that gets installed to the disk, so there really shouldn't be a reason
why it would boot in one place, and not the other. Unless the kernel
does something different when loading from disk, vs using the cdboot
loader.

http://www.pcbsd.com