[PC-BSD Testing] Memory resource.

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Mon Nov 24 14:36:12 PST 2008

On 24.11.2008 23:50, Drahomir Phoenix wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried all, 9 options but unsuccessfull. I don't know what to do.
> Installation always finished with message "Could not allocate memory
> resource". Do I have got a problem with laptop?
> Drahomir.

Are you able to disable wireless, in bios, or with some button?
And while you are booting (from cd/dvd I'm assuming) - did you notice
similar choices menu? Could you here choose acpi disable?
And probably you didn't have problems with laptop, it's all lazy
manufacturers, who cares only for MS-compatible drivers/devices :(

Kris, if he is able to boot from cd and enter setup, then why he
couldn't boot from hdd? I mean, in cd there are the same kernel, which
installs on hdd...

Other peoples, ideas? :)