Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Nov 13 05:39:12 PST 2008

>1.  ANSWER:  Arthur.  Yes & no.  The system BIOS is absolutely fully
>up to date.
>After I saw your post, I am not certain whether the SCSI firmware or
>the DVD firmware are up to date, but I will find out tomorrow evening.

Ok. I am only asking because I had an issue with a server once that was solved
by updating the SCSI firmware. It was an LSI Logica based chipset.
After a firmware
update, it has been running fine for nearly 4 years. Additionally,
the same server's
DVD drive would not recognize DVD media that all other DVD drives
would recognize
fine. After a DVD firmware update, it worked fine. I was suggesting
this based on
my past experience.