[PC-BSD Testing] Problem installing 7.01 to HP xw8200 workstation

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:42:37 PST 2008

UPDATE . . . .

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Ian Robinson <fitchkendall at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear A. Yerenkow
>
> IDE/ATA Hard Disks none
> I have had one IDE/ATA disk in but now out.  There are currently no
> IDE/ATA hard disks but there are on-board IDE/ATA Primary and
> Secondary Controllers.
>
> IDE CD/DVD
>
>> I think it's boot-from issue, other PC are booting from HDD, while this one
>> from CD. or DVD?
>
> The twin computer is booting from an IDE disk connected as the master
> device on the primary IDE controller.
>
> With this computer I have tried booting from an IDE disk with PCBSD
> 7.0.1 already installed and I have tried booting from the PCBSD 7.0.1
> install cd.  (See others below).  In both cases, the system froze
> after the copyright and release information (and before the hardware
> probe for the Timecounter and the CPU).

UPDATE:

I put an IDE disk in.  It hung after the copyright and release
information.  I left the computer alone for about 30 minutes and when
I came back the dmesg had scrolled to the point where it was failing
at the video probe (not surprising given the card).  It let me break
out to the console prompt, log in as root, and I have rebooted in the
VESA mode to see if I can go further.

Ian Robinson
Salem, Ohio