[PC-BSD Testing] incomplete shutdowns

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun Nov 9 20:52:27 PST 2008

OK, I just shut down with FAH not running and I went to the login
screen and had to shutdown through the menu there. But I did have
Peter, Paul and Mary playing on my Mac on the other desk. maybe next
time i will try it with that off.   :-)

On Nov 9, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Brodey Dover wrote:

> Bill Leeper wrote:
>> I pretty much have the same configuration running on every shutdown
>> so
>> I can't attribute it to that. The only thing I leave running all the
>> time is folding at home running in a terminal. That is normally the only
>> program that is active when I shutdown. I will try and remember to
>> close that out next time and see what happens.
>>

>> On Nov 9, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Gary B. Corell wrote:
>>

>>> I have also had a problem with the shutdowns but I have noticed
>>> something and that is that it seems to be whatever is running when
>>> shutdown.  Seamonkey for one will cause it to hang and so will
>>> teamspeak
>>> client for instance. Teamspeak would even hang up or prevent
>>> shutdown of
>>> KDE 3.5.8but at least there ist would sometimes notify you of it.
>>> In
>>> many cases, when it hangs with the program window open, simply
>>> closeing
>>> it usiong the "file menu" will permit it to complete shutdown with
>>> no
>>> further problems. I think Skype is another problem
>>> It's not every program that causes that. I keep Patience card game
>>> open
>>> for my wife and when I shut down it is ignored and shuts down like
>>> it