[PC-BSD Testing] incomplete shutdowns

Gary B. Corell wa5qjh at xmission.com
Sun Nov 9 12:19:14 PST 2008

I have also had a problem with the shutdowns but I have noticed
something and that is that it seems to be whatever is running when
shutdown.  Seamonkey for one will cause it to hang and so will teamspeak
client for instance. Teamspeak would even hang up or prevent shutdown of
KDE 3.5.8but at least there ist would sometimes notify you of it.  In
many cases, when it hangs with the program window open, simply closeing
it usiong the "file menu" will permit it to complete shutdown with no
further problems. I think Skype is another problem
 It's not every program that causes that. I keep Patience card game open
for my wife and when I shut down it is ignored and shuts down like it
should.

Gary B. Corell