[PC-BSD Testing] Gnome VFS causes page faults

Brodey Dover pcfxer at rogers.com
Thu Nov 6 20:23:33 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm running 1.5.1 x86 right now and I have a few scenarios where gnome
vfs is spitting out system messages and finally page faults. Here are
the scenario summaries:

ONE;
Insert USB Key, key is mounted automatically, Right-click on desktop
icon for USB key, Select "safely remove", wait until icon disappears
from desktop, eject USB key (HERE IS THE KEY sorry bad pun), Re-insert
the USB Key, check out dmesg WHOA lots of gvfs() bad errors. This
results in a high possibility of a page fault and plugging in a
different device will cause the same issues.

TWO:
Insert USB key, Remove with "safely remove" option, shutdown/restart
machine with menus in KDE, guarantee page fault!

I can repeat this issue all the time (My luck with auto mounting will
curse me forever I think) so if this isn't a "known" issue, let me know
what you're looking for and I'll post it up.

Regards,
Brodey Dover