[PC-BSD Testing] X Server 1.5.3 released. That was fast!

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Nov 6 07:57:45 PST 2008

>Aurg, you're killing me! We're still stuck at 1.4.2 in ports because of
>the ports freeze / slush. I'm going to have to bug the FreeBSD devs next
>week at MeetBSD to find out what the holdup is with 7.1 and getting this
>port-freeze over with :)

Ha ha ha! Blame Adam Jackson! Well, from what little I've been garnering
from distrowatch, I can see that the BSD devs have in fact added stuff to
6.4 and 7.1 that was outside the freeze so perhaps they are just re-evaluating
the inclusion of 1.5.x in the upcoming releases? Or not. For example, last time
I looked, KDE 3.5.9 was supposed to be default on 6.4 and 7.1 but yesterday
I looked and saw it as being KDE 4.1.1. Haven't downloaded the 7.1 beta ISO
so I cannot verify this. Makes me wonder if they're just waiting on 4.1.3 since
they're now probably kicking themselves for having gone to 4.1? I thought that
was rather brash of them to include something newer than what they'd frozen
it at originally. With the 6.4RC1 having been released a day or so
ago, I imagine
7.1RC1 will be here any day now.

Arthur