[PC-BSD Testing] Better nVidia Driver for PCBSD 7 AMD64?

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Nov 5 11:57:42 PST 2008

>So, when you applied the patch, rebooted, and then tried to reboot
>again, it still hung at the blank screen? That's a bummer, on my four
>systems here, it did fix it, one of them was an amd64 with intel, and
>the others are using various nvidia cards. I am going to keep my eyes
>open though, and if I find another solution / patch which makes this
>problem go away 100% of the time, I will issue an update post-haste :)

It's no biggie Kris. I don't know if this is of any use to you but
when it seems
to get stuck on the black screen after using Start > Leave > Shutdown,
punching the power button does cause it to gracefully shut down.

Oh duh, I didn't see this new KDE logout patch you put out today. :-D
After applying the patch, rebooting and trying again, it works. OPA!

Arthur