[PC-BSD Testing] Better nVidia Driver for PCBSD 7 AMD64?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Nov 5 11:07:37 PST 2008

Yvan Martin wrote:
> There OS has no problems detecting the Video adapter or selecting the
> proper driver. PCBSD 7 works very well on the device once it's
> installed. The only problem is during the install process where the
> "Quick Tips" at the bottom of the screen overlay the active buttons at
> the bottom of the screen so that they are hidden.
>
> Since PCBSD 7 runs well on the Acer Aspire One, it is a shame that there
> is no easy way to turn off "Quick Tips" or to toggle them on or off
> during the install process. There is simply not enough space in the 600
> vertical pixels of the 1024x600 screen to display everything that would
> be otherwise visible on a normal size desktop or laptop display. One can
> blindly find his/her way around but it's less than ideal and may
> discourage someone trying PCBSD for the first time.

One of the devs is actually working on a redesign / re-write of the
installer which will allow more "graceful" scaling on different
resolution systems. Right now it defaults to 1024x768, and assumes you
meet those minimum specs, but when we get this new design implemented,
it should take care of this issue.

http://www.pcbsd.com